Rod Smith is a songwriter / musician from Limerick, Ireland.
Having played in several bands from his mid teens, various projects developed from solo and co-writes over the last few years. With a need to get the music he was writing finished, get it off the laptop and out into the real world, Rod started releasing music in 2021, starting with his debut EP.
Specializing in topline, lyrics and arrangements, Rod's main instrument is bass guitar, but having studied Music Production in College writes nowadays using mostly midi and Ableton. Having performed in Ireland, England and Canada, Rod also continues to work with other artists building on their musical vision, co-writing songs on various single and album releases.
Key Songwriting Achievements include:
- Co writer of one Top 30 and two Top 40 songs in the official Irish charts.
- Four Songs Licensed to American TV Network CBS.
- Music videos played on various TV shows including ‘Much Music’ in Canada and MTV2.
- Worked with established record producers and audio engineers including;
- Nick Seymour (Crowded House)
- Richard Rainey (U2/Mansun)
- Declan Gaffney (Ian Brown/Van Morrison)
- Kieran Lynch (REM/Elvis Costello)
- Ciaran Bradshaw (Muse)
- Noel Hogan (The Cranberries)
- Dave Ogilvie (Marilyn Manson/Nine Inch Nails)